RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR BOY’S HOSTEL
All the students who are staying in the hostel are required to follow the following rules and regulations of the hostel:
1. Ragging is Strictly Prohibited: Ragging in any form i.e. making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student whether by words, spoken or written or by an act which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly to do is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of directly/indirectly involved or abetting in ragging he will be punished/rusticated/ expelled/suspended from the institute and also liable to prosecution in terms of the Supreme Court of India decision on Writ Petition No. (C) 656/1998. Ragging is now a crime. No one can feign ignorance of the law. Under the prohibition of ragging Act 1997 those who indulge in ragging can be punished. Jail for ragging is for period from six months to 10 years & fine up to Rs. 50,000/-
2. Hostel rooms are equipped with furniture and fittings of appliances. Student occupying the room will sign for the receipt of items in Inventory Register. He will be responsible to hand over the items in their original serviceable condition to hostel authorities while leaving the rooms on close of the academic session.
3. Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost of the damaged property will be recovered from him/group. Repetition of damage to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
4. The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are advised not to keep cash or valuables like gold ring, costly wristwatch etc., in their rooms. In case of theft or loss of any item the hostel authorities/institute will not be responsible for such loss. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
5. Hostellers are neither allowed to keep private electrical equipment nor would tamper with electrical fittings provided in rooms. Unauthorized possession will lead to confiscation of the goods.
6. It is mandatory for students residing in the Hostel to join the mess attached to the hostel. Hostellers are required to dine in the dining hall. No hosteller is permitted to take food in the room except for those reported sick with prior permission of hostel warden. Indoor cooking including making of tea/coffee in the rooms is strictly prohibited. The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss.
7. Smoking, Gambling in any form such as Playing Cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be rusticated from the University.
8. The school timings are 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Students are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the class hours unless the stay is unavoidable due to illness or any other valid reason. In such cases they should take the permission and communicate the information to the Warden in writing.
9. No student shall leave the hostel without prior permission of the hostel warden.
10. Use of any electrical appliances except table-lamp is prohibited.
11. All students will report for the Roll Call every day as per prescribed timings.
12. No student shall remain absent from the hostel during night between 8.00 pm to 5.00 am unless he has obtained night out pass from the hostel warden. Night out permission to hostellers
will be given on weekends only if the request of the inmate has prior approval of the parents.
13. Hostellers are not allowed to go outside from the campus during class. Evening outing on working days may be restricted from 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm by prior permission of the hostel warden.
14. Students having any Chronic/Communicable disease are not allowed to stay in hostel. Hostellers falling sick or feel symptoms of sickness should report to hostel warden for evacuation to hospital.
15. Parents/Guardians/Visitors can meet their ward in hostel with the permission of the hostel warden before 7.00 pm. No Parent/Guardian/Visitor is allowed to stay in their room. Lady visitors are not allowed to visit students in their living rooms.
16. Discussion on ladies, politics and religion is completely forbidden in the hostel & mess.
17. No notice will be displayed by hostel inmates in the institute/hostel notice board without the countersignature of hostel warden.
18. Taking part directly/indirectly in any movement or agitation or strike of students in the institute for any reason whatsoever will attract punishment, rustication or expulsion, which in the opinion of the management/director is subversive to the discipline of the institute.
19. The Institute/Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rules, disciplinary action will be taken against him. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the Institute/Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like liquor, drugs, lethal weapons etc., are kept in the room.
20. Day scholars are not allowed to enter the hostel. Lights and fans to be switched off when no one is in the room.